DJ Asante – is an award winning Club, Mixtape and Radio DJ.
He has started parties for Missy Elliott, Sean Paul, Craig David, Beverley Knight and Mark Ronson on tour around the UK. As part of Warner Music’s MVP Squad DJ crew, he has toured around the world opening stages and shutting down after parties.
His residencies have included Twice as Nice and Ministry of Sound’s Smoove nights in London and Ibiza. His legendary ‘Street Team’ mixtape series with Next Level Crew landed him a spot on Galaxy FM’s Mixtape Flava show and a Sony Award Winning turn on Hip Hop Elementz. Asante is currently Guinness World Record holder as part of BBC Radio 1Xtra’s DJ Relay.
Asante is also an Award winning Multimedia Producer with sharp understanding of audience insights, brand development and social media.
‘I currently work freelance and have experience in Media, Project Management, Marketing, Product Development and Six Sigma™. I love ideas. I am strategic. I value relationships. I make connections. I live positively… and I love music’.
- 23 awards and nominations for production and promotions.
- Productivity savings of $40 million for Airbus, Bombardier and Boeing.
- Documentaries including HRH The Prince of Wales: Building Bridges (BBC Radio 2), The Rise of Afrobeats (BBC Radio 1Xtra) and Soul II Soul (BBC Radio 4)
- Writer and Producer of short film Wanted: Kedar’s Story
- The Sunday Hour and Beverley’s Gospel Nights (BBC Radio 2)
- Imaging and campaigns incl. BBC Radio 1 & 1Xtra (Chris Moyles, Tim Westwood, etc.) and BBC iPlayer
“Bernard is one of the most conscientious and diligent people not only when concerned with his work in production, but frankly within the entire entertainment industry and beyond it. His knowledge is vast, he has enormous drive and his accolades clearly serve as evidence to that. His commitment to whatever he turns his hand is second to none.” – Beverley Knight MBE